Application for Certification of a Vital Record — How it Works
Please read before proceeding...
To complete the online process you must have the ability to print the application in order to mail or hand-deliver a signed paper copy.
Step 1) Fill-in Online Form
Depending on the Certificate Type you must provide information such as:
- The name(s) on the Certificate
- The names of the Parents
- The Date of the Event
- The Location of the Event
- Your Name, Relationship, and Contact Info
- Your Reason for the Request
Step 2) Print & Sign
Print & Sign your application, then provide:
- Your Signed Application
Acceptable ID Document(s)
- Payment by Check or Money order payable to State Health Department.
- Credit Card or Cash may also be used for walk-in payment.
- Online Payment can be made by Credit Card.
Step 3) Mail or Walk-in
Mail your completed Application
, and Payment
to the Office of Vital Records, or bring them in person.
The Office of Vital Records is currently processing applications received in the office on 11/08/2021 with a current estimated processing time of 4 weeks.
If this timeline does not meet your needs, we offer expedited processing through VitalChek
, or walk-in service with same-day processing can be found at these locations